VIDEO: Another Reboot
Monday 22 August 2016 / Hour 2, Block A: David M Drucker, Washington Examiner Senior Congressional correspondent; John Fund, NRO, in re: Yet more new campaign managers: Steve Bannon, and Kellyanne Conway, and experienced political operative. Under their tutelage, they become less definite about Mr Trump’s immigration policies. “Operation Wetback” under Eisenhower; Trump’s immigration speech scheduled for Colorado later this week has been cancelled. What they're worried about is white suburban women who want to vote with Trump but don't want to be associated with a mean guy. Immigration has been Trump’s defining issue. Fox’s O’Reilly: deportation “in a humane way”?; Trump: I just want to follow the law. . . . and more word salad. Trump’s only chance to win is to quit alienating moderate suburban woman. No one really believes that 11 million people will be forcibly deported. Trump is listening to his advisors, at least for the nonce. Trump will be so pugilistic in debates for Hillary . . . he’s stuck at 40-43% of the vote; has to take a calculated risk to reach specialize d voters. Rallies in Michigan, Minnesota. Mississippi, Texas, Oregon . . . These are not battleground states. . . . Trump went to Connecticut only for Manafort’s family; and then they fired Manafort. Trump will live in the Midwest and Fla, wherever the polls are creeping up.
• What If Trump Won’t Accept Defeat?
• GOP Holds New Voter Registration Edge In Key States
• Should Democrats Go Big?
• Quote of the Day
• 3 Attack Lines on Clinton That Trump Is Missing
• Giuliani Stokes Theory That Clinton Is Sick
• Is Trump TV the End Game?
• State Poll Roundup: Monday
• Clinton Reserves $80 Million In New TV Time
• Trump Begins Preparing for Debates
• Clinton Runs Against the ‘Vast Right Wing Conspiracy’